Work Related Stress and What to Do About It
As everything in our world continues to change at a rapid pace, people are finding it increasingly difficult to cope and manage the many stressors that constant change brings. We only have to look at technology which it seems no-one is able to really keep up with, especially if you are not technology-minded. Then we have the current political and financial changes that have led to job losses for many, and fear of job loss for everyone else.
On top of this, we are all being pushed and pulled to be more productive and effective with fewer and fewer resources. It is not surprising that many people are experiencing significant stress in the workplace and an increased risk out burn out.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms below, you need to speak to a professional at Change Futures to help you deal with your stress and prevent or alleviate burnout.
- Have you become cynical or critical at work?
- Do you drag yourself to work and have trouble getting started once you arrive?
- Have you become irritable or impatient with co-workers, customers or clients?
- Do you lack the energy to be consistently productive?
- Do you feel less satisfaction and sense of accomplishment?
- Do you feel disillusioned about your job?
- Are you using food, drugs or alcohol to feel better or to simply not feel?
- Have your sleep habits or appetite changed?
- Are you troubled by unexplained headaches, backaches or other physical complaints?
- Are you isolating yourself from others and not wanting to engage with family and friends?
- Do you feel tired and drained most of the time?
- Is your immunity lowered resulting in feeling sick a lot?
- Do you feel like nothing you do makes a difference or is appreciated?
Call Change Futures on 3857 0847 for a free assessment.