Psychologists (4+2 / 5+1 Internship) or Fully Registered
Location: Sunshine Coast, Brisbane South, Gold Coast, & Brisbane North regions
We are currently seeking applications for either provisionally or fully registered psychologists, or fourth/fifth year psychology graduates interested in a 4+2 or 5+1 internship. We offer a warm and supportive environment and are ready to help you grow your career.
For our internship, the work available will initially be focused on supporting the delivery of our older adults Psychology in Aged Care program. For more information see: https://www.changefutures.org.au/residential-aged-care-services/. Opportunities to work with more diverse populations and complex groups will be available throughout the internship to provide you with additional experience and opportunities to meet the competencies of the 4+2 / 5+1 internship.
Fully registered psychologists can choose to work from our range of private practice locations including Gordon Park, Aspley, Nambour, Maroochydore, Caloundra, Springwood, and Palm Beach.
Change Futures is a Brisbane based not-for-profit organisation providing mental health services to a range of community groups. Our mission is to work with people of all ages to provide opportunities for positive change and to enhance their psychological and emotional well-being. We offer services between the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, the Gold Coast, and into Northern NSW.
At Change Futures we value:
- Partnership with our clients, our staff and volunteers, our funders and other organisations to achieve mutually beneficial goals that resonate with our mission and vision.
- Authenticity requires that all of our people conduct themselves ethically and honestly.
- Individuality, diversity and difference are embraced and respected.
- We value Kindness and compassion for others.
- We Reflect on our ways of working and seek always to achieve positive change; to measure and review our results; and strive to learn and grow in our relationships, practices and processes.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide evidence-based psychological interventions to clients in both an individual and group format via mixed modes of delivery e.g. telehealth / face to face;
- Maintain confidential written records of all sessions and ensure timely entry in our client management systems;
- Compose detailed and concise correspondence to external stakeholders in a timely manner as required e.g. GP letters;
- Liaise with external agencies and medical/allied health professionals to ensure a collaborative approach to service delivery;
- Provide mobile visits to clients for off site consultation;
- Attend regular case conferencing and team meetings;
- Maintain ongoing professional development;
- Completion of an approved 4 or 5-year degree in Psychology;
- Eligibility for registration as a provisional psychologist with AHPRA (or already provisionally registered);
- Fully vaccinated (COVID) and willingness to receive annual flu vaccinations.
- First Aid / CPR training and certification;
- Working knowledge of Halaxy and Fixus client management systems.
What we can offer you:
- A warm, professional and friendly team environment, with ongoing organisational support;
- Regular group supervision from a Board Approved Supervisor;
- Assist with finding a supervisor and submitting your internship paperwork to AHPRA;
- Flexibility around days of work and hours;
- Generous professional development and training opportunities;
- Opportunity to meet your internship requirements and establish your niche area of practice;
- Career planning and a competitive remuneration package once you achieve General Registration, including PD opportunities, free small group supervision, and a car package when working full-time.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience, interest in, and suitability for this position, by emailing HR@changefutures.org.au