On this page you can find an abundance of mental health resources that may be helpful to you. As a registered charity and not-for-profit organisation we strive to put people first. Helping our clients and interns access the best digital psychology resources and other mental health and wellbeing resources is an important part of what we do, and how we operate. If we can help guide any individual, group, or family to seek the immediate care they need, we have successfully achieved part of the mission to provide opportunities for positive change and to enhance psychological and emotional well-being.

The resources we have compiled are from other not-for-profits, charities, and other organisations that offer free emergency assistance in crisis situations and education. Change Futures has no financial affiliation with these organisations. These resources are made available for those in need and some can offer immediate support to those in need.

Psychology Resources

If you are a graduate looking for psychologist resources, please reach out via our internship page.

The Charter for Clients of APS Psychologists outlines the standards that clients of APS psychologists may expect.

View the Charter of clients of APS Psychologists here.

External psychology services and supports contact list

  • 24/7 Crisis support

  • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander

  • Alcohol and other drugs

  • Carers

  • Children, youth and family

  • Disability

  • Domestic and family violence

  • Eating disorders

  • General mental health support


  • Older people

  • Other services and supports

24/7 Crisis Support

Emergency Services

Ph: 000 (Ambulance, Police, Fire Brigade)

Lifeline (National)

Lifeline is a national charity providing all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.

Ph: 13 11 14 (24/7 counselling service)

T: 0477 13 11 14 (Lifeline text service) (Available 12pm – midnight AEST)

W: Crisis chat ( (Available 7pm – midnight AEST)


Suicide Callback Service (National)

Ph: 1300 059 467


Kids Helpline (National)

Kids Helpline is a free, private and confidential 24/7 phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5 – 25. Kids Helpline also have a number of resources available on their website.

Ph: 1800 55 1800 (24/7)


W: Webchat ( (24/7)


Beyond Blue (National)

Ph: 1300 22 4636


1800 RESPECT (National)

1800 RESPECT is a 24-hour national sexual assault, family and domestic violence counselling line for any Australian who has experienced, or is at risk of, family and domestic violence and/or sexual assault.

Ph: 1800 737 732


Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander

Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council of NSW

The Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council (AH&MRC) is the peak body for Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHSs) across NSW.


Kalwun Development Corporation Ltd.

The Kalwun Development Corporation offers a variety of services including medical services, social support, community development and consultancy and housing and aged care services. They also have an aboriginal child care and protection agency.


Kurbingui Youth & Family Development

Kurbingui Youth Development is a Not-For-Profit Aboriginal Community-Controlled organisation that is leading the way as a mentor, educator and role model for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community in the greater Brisbane region. Kurbingui provide Family, Community, Cultural, Education, Training and Social Wellbeing Services across the Greater Brisbane, Moreton Bay and Southeast Regions.


National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO)

The National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO) is the national leadership body for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health in Australia.


Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council

The Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council (QAIHC) is a leadership and policy organisation. They are the peak organisation representing all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Health Organisations (ATSICCHO) in Queensland at both a state and national level.



WellMob brings together online resources made by and for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Here you will find websites, apps, podcasts, videos, social media, and online counselling all with a focus on social and emotional wellbeing.


Alcohol and other drugs

Alcohol and Drug Foundation

The Alcohol and Drug Foundation (ADF) is Australia’s leading organisation committed to inspiring positive change and delivering evidence-based approaches to minimise alcohol and drug harm.


Alcohol and Drug Support Support (ADIS) (QLD)

ADIS is a 24/7 confidential support service for people in Queensland with alcohol and other drug concerns, their loved ones and health professionals.


Queensland Injectors Health Network (QUIHN)

QuIHN is a statewide, not for profit, and non-government health service which provides a variety of health services to illicit drug users throughout Queensland. They provide medical services, needle syringe programs, counselling, support services, distribution of information, education and training, workforce development initiatives, life skills programs and services that relate to illicit drug use, blood borne viruses, sexual health and other psychological and physical health issues.

Turning Point – Counselling Online

Counselling Online is a free and confidential service that provides 24/7 support to people across Australia affected by alcohol or drug use.



Carers Australia

Provides short-term counselling and emotional and psychological support services for carers and their families.


Carer Gateway (National)

Carer Gateway can connect you with a new Australia-wide network of Carer Gateway service providers. They will talk through what you need and help you to find local services and support to help you.

Ph: 1800 422 737


Children, youth and families

Act for Kids

Act for Kids is an Australian charity providing free therapy and support services to children and families who have experienced, or are at risk of child abuse and neglect. Their services include integrated therapy, support for vulnerable families, special workshops to empower kids and safe houses in remote Aboriginal communities.


Children of Parents with a Mental Illness

Provides help to children whose parents have a mental illness. The website has resources for professionals working with these children and for family members. It also has links to other mental health services for adults and children.


Head to Health (National)

Provided by the Australian Department of Health, Head to Health brings together apps, online programs, online forums, and phone services, as well as a range of digital information resources.


Parentline (QLD + NT)

Parentline is a confidential telephone service providing professional counselling and support.

Ph: 1300 30 1300 (7am-10pm, Mon-Fri)



ReachOut is Australia’s most accessed online mental health service for young people and their parents. Their trusted self-help information, peer-support program and referral tools save lives by helping young people be well and stay well. The information they offer parents makes it easier for them to help their teenagers, too.



National Disability Insurance Scheme (National)

The NDIS can provide all people with a disability with information and connections to services in their communities such as doctors, sporting clubs, support groups, libraries and schools, as well as information about what support is provided by each state and territory government. The NDIS website also features information on the local contact centres in your areas.

Ph: 1800 800 110



NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission

The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission is an independent agency established to improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services. They regulate NDIS providers, provide national consistency, promote safety and quality services, resolve problems and identify areas for improvement.

Complaints relating to a registered NDIS provider, the NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission can be made to the NDIS Commission by:


Domestic and family violence

1800 RESPECT (National)

1800 RESPECT is a 24-hour national sexual assault, family and domestic violence counselling line for any Australian who has experienced, or is at risk of, family and domestic violence and/or sexual assault.

Ph: 1800 737 732



MensLine Australia is the national telephone and online support, information and referral service for men with family and relationship concerns. The service is available from anywhere in Australia and is staffed by professional counsellors, experienced in men’s issues.


Eating Disorders

Butterfly Foundation (National)

Butterfly Foundation is the national charity for all Australians impacted by eating disorders and body image issues, and for the families, friends and communities who support them.

Ph: 1800 33 4673


General mental health support

Mental Health Access Line (QLD)

A confidential mental health telephone triage service that provides the first point of contact to public mental health services to Queenslanders. This service will link to the caller’s nearest Queensland Public Mental Health service.

Ph: 1300 MH CALL (1300 64 2255) (24/7)


NSW Mental Health Line 

The NSW Mental Health Line offers professional help and advice and referrals to local mental health services. It is staffed by mental health professionals who will ask questions to determine if you or, the person you are concerned about, needs ongoing mental health care and how urgently it is needed. They can put you in contact with the most relevant mental health service for children, teens, adults and older people.

Ph: 1800 011 511 (24/7)




Minus18 aims to improve the health and wellbeing of, and provide a safe environment for, same-sex attracted and gender diverse young people in Australia, seeking to empower them to feel comfortable and confident in their sense of identity and assisting them to grow as happy, healthy individuals well into the future.



QLife provides anonymous and free LGBTI peer support and referral for people in Australia wanting to talk about sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships.

Ph: 1800 184 527


Older people

Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (National)

Clients, their family members, friends or anyone else may contact the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission if they have concerns about or wish to make a complaint about the health, safety and/or well-being of people who receive aged care.

Freecall: 1800 951 822


Ageing and Disability Commission (New South Wales)

The Ageing and Disability Commission aims to: Raise community awareness to reduce and prevent abuse, neglect and exploitation toward older people and adults with disability; Receive and respond to reports or allegations of abuse, neglect and exploitation of an older person or adult with disability; Provide support and information to those at need; Run an investigation (if required); Report and advise the government on related systemic issues. The Commissioner’s role does not investigate the conduct of paid service providers for older people or adults with disability. Instead, the focus is on the conduct of the person’s family and other informal supports, or members known to them from the community.

Ph: 1800 628 221 (NSW ageing and Disability Abuse Helpline) – [Mon-Fri, 9-5]


The Elder Abuse Prevention Unit (Queensland) 

The Elder Abuse Prevention Unit promotes the right of older people to live free from abuse. This also features Queensland’s Elder Abuse helpline which can provide support, referral, and other information.

Ph: 1300 651 192 (QLD Only) (Interstate callers can call 07 3867 2525)



Other services and supports

Caxton Legal Centre (Queensland)

Provides free legal help for people who are disadvantaged or on a low income. Caxton Legal Centre also has The Seniors Legal and Support Service (SLASS), which provides free legal and social work support for older persons experiencing elder abuse, mistreatment, neglect or financial exploitation.

Address: 1 Manning Street, South Brisbane Qld 4101

Ph: 07 3214 6333


Health Care Complaints Commission (New South Wales)

The Health Care Complaints Commission acts to protect public health and safety by dealing with complaints about health service providers in NSW.

Ph: (02) 9219 7444



Office of the Health Ombudsman (Queensland)

The Office of the Health Ombudsman is Queensland’s health service complaints agency. They are an independent statutory body and the one place all Queenslanders should go if they have a complaint about a health service provider or a health service provided to them, a family member or someone in their care.

Ph: 133 OHO (133 646)



The Office of the Public Guardian (Queensland)

The Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) is an independent statutory office established to protect the rights, interests and wellbeing of adults with impaired decision-making capacity and children and young people in the Child Protection system. This includes those in out-of-home care, such as a foster home, the home of a kinship carer, a residential care facility, a youth detention or adult correctional centre, disability service or mental health facility.

Ph: 3234 0870 or 1300 653 187 (local call outside Brisbane)



SMS: 0418 740 186

(Please note the SMS service is only available for children and young people)